[Vers.: 6.11.0-rc3] How to: 2 times same host port (8080) through one VPN container

Hi guys,

am new to unRAID so please forgive me if this is common knowledge. I tried google / youtube/ search and playing around with the settings but no success.

The setup:

I have one Nord VPN container. That provider does not provide WireGuard config files so the only way to use that protocol (I believe) is that container.

I have two containers that use port 8080 for the web UI (sabnzbd & qbittorrent).

What works:

I can route sabnzbd through my VPN container by adding the extra parameter: "--net=container:nordvpn" and setting the Network Type to "none". In the container nordvpn I than add that additional port:

This works well, I can test the IP of the sabnzbd with "curl ifconfig.io".

What does not work:

As soon as I try to do the same with qbittorent does it fail.

It does not matter which port I assign to the host port, as soon as I set up the nordvon container as the network will it fail:

image.png.83f12e35be863f7653dcae6863f69957.png

The reason is that it will use the container port when routing traffic through another container and in this case that port is already in use:

image.png.30ffb3f0cd021346207abd7c9674c291.png

Is there a way to solve this?

- was thinking to change the container port but am not sure that is possible

- run a 2nd nord vpn container but I get the warning that it is already installed

- use a custom network for the vpn traffic, not sure how that exactly could work but this way I could maybe use the host ports of the apps rather than the container port.

Thank you all!

Edited by Fluffs
  • Fluffs changed the title to [Vers.: 6.11.0-rc3] How to: 2 times same host port (8080) through one VPN container

When you assign multiple containers to the same network

4 hours ago, Fluffs said:

"--net=container:nordvpn" and setting the Network Type to "none"

Then port mapping no longer applies, as you found out. You must change the listening ports in the app itself, not in the container configuration. How that is accomplished is unique to each application, so you will need to find documentation for each app that needs to change. For instance, googling sabnzbd change port 

• Like 1