User share bug

Hi,

Problem - user stage available size not displayed correctly (not updated) after adding disk to array.

Here is how to reproduce the bug:

- create array with some (1P + 3D in my case) disks

- create user share wit "fill-up" option, split "1", empty for included and excluded disks

- Check available space in user shares list (3TB in my case)

- install additional (3 in my case) disks (pre clean and format), array size increases (to 6TB in my case)

- check available space for created earlier user share ---> free space displayed remained UNCHANGED (3TB in my case). I did not try to fill all that space with data to check if it's display only or real space problem.

I believe this is not intended behaviour and it would be quite nice to fix that.

Regards,

Eugene

A workaround is to stop the array then start the array. The "shfs" (user filesystem) process should now be updated with the correct information. The bug is not restarting this process after drives are added to the array.

I reported this issue with earlier betas, but can't find that message now.

Yeah, workaround ... works, thanks.

The same behaviour can be observed with user shares permissions change. For example, changing from "secure" to "public" requires array restart to make such change effective.

While this does not affect functionality directly, it would be quite nice to fix that, or at least, to make a notice or a pop-up saying that array restart is required for changes to be effective.

Any idea if Tom is planning something about that?

Regards.