Rackmount Case - Will this one work?

Llogan

I have a call into these folks to see if this chassis will support a micro-ATX board, if it doesn't I may go one step further in just stepping up to an ATX board anyway since I like this chassis. My solution has to be rack-mounted due to the way I'm configuring my server room. Here's the linkhttp://rackmountmart.stores.yahoo.net/rm3uracchas12.html. I'm planning to get redundant power for it as well. They have options at 460w, 550w, and 600w. All of the drives I'll be using are IDE.

Tom,

The power supply, at 460 watts, looks a little underpowered for 12 drives being spun up at the same time plus the power being consumed by the motherboard and the four cooling fans.

I assume that the power supply is two 460 watt power supplies that are hot swapping in the event of a failure of one of the supplies.

Just a thought.

Regards,

TCIII

My best recollection when I had asked about the 'redundant' power supplies is that the two power supplies (whatever size you select) effectively share the load in 'normal' operation and in the case of the failure of one of the supplies, the other assumes the full load. I'll have to reverify that information but that's what I recall from the conversation I had with the guy about six months ago.

Archived