File system layout

I've been using unRaid for quite a while now, and I think I have a pretty good handle on where things actually are in the virtual file system that you see when you are at the console or logged in with telnet, but I can't find it written anywhere in the FAQ's in plain english. Here is what I think it is, but I'd like confirmation or correction.

/boot = root of the flash drive

/mnt/cache = first partition on the drive assigned as cache in devices page

/mnt/diskX = first partition on the drives assigned as disks in the devices page

/mnt/user/ = folders mounted in the virtual filesystem shared through samba

/ = exists only in RAM, rebuilt from the ground up each boot with the exception of the directories listed above

I'm still fuzzy on a couple directories in /mnt, noteably /mnt/user0 and /mnt/recycle bin.

Any help?

Thanks,

Jonathan

I'm still fuzzy on a couple directories in /mnt, noteably /mnt/user0 and /mnt/recycle bin.

Don't know anything about recycle bin, but /mnt/user0 is a view of the /mnt/user file system without the contents of the cache drive merged in.  It is used when moving contents of the cache drive to the user shares.
  • 1 month later...

I don't have a cache disk drive but why "/mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/" path exist?

When I download something from sabnzbd, it download to "/mnt/cache/.sabnzbd/" - how is that possible without a cache drive?  and which disk its saving to?

Answered this in the SABnzbd unMenu package thread

Archived