Setting up Infuse with Unraid

BigC55
Go to solution Solved by Evedoescomputerstuff,

I'm trying to set it up on an iPad.  I see the Unraid SMB, however I can put in an IP address or anything, it shows as Unraid.local.  When I put in my logon info (user name/password) it tells me that an error occurred trying to connect.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks. 

• Solution
4 hours ago, BigC55 said:

I'm trying to set it up on an iPad.  I see the Unraid SMB, however I can put in an IP address or anything, it shows as Unraid.local.  When I put in my logon info (user name/password) it tells me that an error occurred trying to connect.  Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks. 

I've had random SMB issues like this before, especially dealing with specific hardware / software combos. Can you try to make another unraid user with read access to the media share? 

• 1 month later...

I'm running Infuse on an Apple TV, several iPhones and my MacBook Air with no trouble and iCloud sync is not required.  Infuse has an internal option to directly add an PLEX library and not connect to it via SMB. When you choose that the Infuse application will look at your network and see the PLEX server and offer it to connect to.  I did once try to attach via SMB and it was strange where it would display double icon's for one movie but using the direct PLEX option works perfectly.  By using this option you can also change posters and backgrounds of movies and it changes them in the PLEX database just like PLEX itself does. As you can see from the image the SMB shares are seen but I don't use them. The reason I moved to Infuse and away from the PLEX client is because the PLEX client can't pass Dolby Atmos on an Apple TV but Infuse Pro does. The Roku PLEX client on my TCL smart TV does pass Atmos but the video quality in 4k is crappy, I hate Roku.

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 2.24.58 PM.png

Edited by rharvey
Image loaded