Help requested Lost all data because disconnected Areca-1222

Hi,

I was stupid and thought i could switch my areca arc-1222 controller for a sata controller. Unraid booted saw 3 new disks so i knew oops this is not okay. Replaced the raid controller and it does not detect the old raid system. 3 disks where connected and with only 12tb of parity unraid will not start with this many disk missing. Does anybody have experience with the areca 1222 to reset the volumes as they where. Nothing has been adjusted in the meanwhile and i instantly shut down the server. I wanted to do this switch because i knew unraid handles raid better then me... However now i seem to have lost 100tb because of this mistake.

I will boot it up and post diagnostics. I was lacking ports in the server and hookedup 3 disks from 6tb to the raid controller with 3 volumes of each disk. and they were 'recognized' as normal disks. Now i tried to switch to a new sata controller and they were recognized as new disks and all 'wrong'. So i could not start the array. I thought lets reboot plug them in to the raid controller but it does not recognize them either. So i am stuck now. Cant start the array because three disks missing. So i am seeking help to rebuild the Areca volume information to keep the data and then i will switch drive one by one. I really fucked up i guess.

Strange that all 3 disks had the same name "ARC-1222-VOL", not sure how that worked, I have no experience with Areca controllers, but no extra disks are being found, assuming they are connected they are not being passed-trough by the controller, you'd need to use the controller BIOS to pass-trough/initialize the disks, this might or not delete the data on the disks, though depending exactly on what's deleted it could still be possible to rebuild them one at a time.

Indeed that was the case, the three disks called "ARC-1222-VOL" needed manual assignment thats why i wanted to replace the controller to a SATA one. The disks are being recognized in the Areca controller but it does not put them out as the volumes i had. If i can make one volume again broadcast again to unraid im fine then i can rebuild both disks.