How to get a dual display present in (Windows) VM guest

Hi,

I'm trying to find my way from VMware to Unraid/KVM. It is no always easy but I'm making progress. I have migrated my hosts from VMware and I could get them running. However, not everything is as good as it was on VMware.

One thing is getting 2 displays in my guest VM (have a look at attached picture) and then getting it presented on 2 of 3 monitors attached to my physical host. I'm not doing (and don't intend to) any GPU passthrough here.

All I want to do here is make my (Windows) guest to see it has two screens available and be able to use these screens to present desktop in "Extend displays mode". Then I want to get these two virtual displays presented on my physical screens (preferably in full screen mode).

So far all my attempts have miserably failed. I could not get even my guest to see it has two displays available.

Is there a way to achieve that kind of functionality in Unraid/KVM? I could get it running pretty easy in VMware (both in Player/Workstation as well as in ESXi via VMRC).

PS. My VMs have typical configuration with VNC graphic card  and QXL VNC video driver.

Cheers,

Marek.

2 Displays in guest VM.JPG

Edited by MarKol4
  • MarKol4 changed the title to How to get a dual display present in (Windows) VM guest
  • 5 months later...