Asus xg100c

1 hour ago, mprewer2020 said:

I recently brought xg100c and unraid see the cards but I having less then 1 gbe speed now. I download the driver and can not see to find a way to install it. I was able to getting the speed up to 2.5 gbe for about hour then reboot the machine and now back down to 5.0 mbps again. Help plz. 

Please attach your diagnostics to your next post.

buying such a card is only 30% of your way.

You need CERTIFIED cables to get a stable connection. Normal Cat5 or Cat6 won't do. Even Cat7 is not guaranteed to work (the plug are mostly Cat6 only. Real Cat7 are still rare).

And, of course, you need a supporting switch to connect to.

Hint: turn on flow control everywhere, it smoothens the overall transmission rates. If there are many errors and one side decides that it is better to step down speed to allow lower quality cabling, it is often the the other side does not notice this and continues to send full speed. These packets obviously go straight to the bucket and need to be repeated after a timout period. You end up with endless repeats and the throughput is lower than a single 1G connection. With flow control the stepped down receiver can send out "stop!" packets and force the sender to wait.

Hint2: although they SEEM to be identical, they are not. You often can test it if you try to move the plug within the card outlet. If it not fitting tightly, its an old and wrong one. New plugs are a little bit longer and fit tight again.

If connection step downs happen, its 99% bound to bad cabling.