Asmedia onboard ASUS Z87 SATA drives not showing

Hi people!

I have an ASUS Sabertooth Z87. I have recently plugged in 2 SSD SATA drives into the onboard Asmedia SATA ports (No Expansion card).

In both AHCI and IDE mode the drives plugged into those ports are not showing in BIOS or in the UNRAID GUI.

Unsure what I can change or do to try and have them detected. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Oct 12 17:42:49 ZACAV-UNRAID kernel: ata3: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300)
Oct 12 17:42:49 ZACAV-UNRAID kernel: ata1: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300)
Oct 12 17:42:49 ZACAV-UNRAID kernel: ata2: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300)
Oct 12 17:42:49 ZACAV-UNRAID kernel: ata4: SATA link down (SStatus 0 SControl 300)

According to this there are no devices connected to these ports, are the disks spinning up?

P.S. Intel onboard controller is set to IDE, change to AHCI in the BIOS.

On 10/18/2022 at 6:11 AM, ZACAV said:

Someone both the drives were actually failed. After too much testing the drives are now being returned!

It's possible but unlikely for both SSD drives to fail on their own at the exact same time.

What is wrong with them?

Edited by Lolight