(Solved) Unraid 6.11.1 Reboots - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X & Asrock Rack X470D4U

Go to solution Solved by Thecreativeone691,

I have a new unraid system which will always reboots when I got to the VMS page on the web interface, sometimes just going to the page will cause it, sometimes clicking the Add VM will cause it, sometimes Creating the VM will cause it but if I'm able to get to that point almost always booting the VM will cause it. Nothing special or passed thru as of yet just a simple windows VM (though not actually installed just boots to the bios). 

Dockers, Shares and everything else will work fine no issues there. I've ran Memtest 86 for over 52hrs with not a single error and ran some CPU Stress tests with AIDA64 as well with no issues. AMD Ryzen 9 3900X is on the latest Microcode.  

I've also re-imaged the USB stick using Unraid usb creator and just copied back the config directory to rule out any possible system file corruption. 

Done the random fixes I have seen for Ryzen with unraid, disable Global C States, disable Precision Boost Overdrive &  CPB and disable the Low power mode and use normal. 

I'm on the latest bios version but have tried several other versions as well all with the same issue. 

Setup Syslog as well as diagnostics neither log shows anything around the time of the crash where the server fully reboots. Anything I've see similar to this is from people pass-thru hardware or GPUs, but I don't have anything passed thru. 

Specs:

Motherboard ASROCK X470D4U

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

64GB DDR4 RAM

2TB NVME Cache Drive

Optical Drive (Blue ray that will eventually be pass thru to a windows VM for ripping)

6x 10TB 7200RPM SAS Drives

LSI SAS3008-i IT-Mode

Mellanox MCX311A Nic 

servername-diagnostics-20221014-1033.zip

Edited by Thecreativeone691
  • Thecreativeone691 changed the title to (Solved) Unraid 6.11.1 Reboots - AMD Ryzen 9 3900X & Asrock Rack X470D4U