Adding Cache Pools

Fidelis
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hey All,

Hope you are all going well.  I am a unraid newbie, i only setup my server a couple of weeks ago.  Due to a hardware issue, I was unable to install my Cache SSDs at the time of setup, and thanks to my impatience i decided to setup and start using my server without a cache.  Now I have got the hardware issue resolved i was able to install the SSDs for the cache drives.

I have 2 SSDs installed, their intended purposes are

SSD1: Appdata, system, and ISO etc; and

SSD2: VM instances.

Now i've been watching a bit of Space invader one, and i think i know what i need to do at this point, but i wanted to run it past everyone and make sure i am not missing/forgetting anything. 

The SSDs are installed, and formatted, and cache pools created.

so now i need to:

stop the Docker, and VM Service

use rSync to move the existing files and folders, from the Array where they were originally created to their new locations on the SSD pools

Point the Docker Service to the new location

(I haven't set up any VMs yet so shouldn't need to move or point the VM service to the new location)

Point Plex's (I only have Plex and Krusader installed at the moment) appdata directory to the new location,

and then i can turn everything back on.

I know the above is a very oversimplified description, but am i missing anything that is going to result in me regretting my impatience more then i already do?

Cheers, and thanks for all the help in advance.