Help extracting .zip files into automatically named folders (like you can in Windows)

Boot

Hey everyone! I'm new to Unraid, and have been putting in a lot of time and $$ into building my machine and learning this OS. I love it! I've been able to learn a lot from what's already on the interwebs, but recently hit a snag. I have ~500 photo gallaries in .zip files. I need a way to batch extract them where each file gets extracted into a new folder / directory named after it.

Example:

gallery1.zip > gallery1 (folder/directory)

gallery2.zip > gallery2 (folder/directory)

gallery3.zip > gallery3 (folder/directory)

Does anyone have advice on how to do this? Krusader doesn't work (forces manually naming the folder). I'm comfortable with code, so I'm open to any options here, even the less newbie friendly ones.  

Thanks!

Edited by Boot
  • Boot changed the title to Help extracting .zip files into automatically named folders (like you can in Windows)

Thanks! Using that as my plan B. Was pretty slow when I tried it, but will be a good option for future files if I do it while they’re still on the cache. I’m going to play around with some shell scripts this weekend. 

Thanks again!