Issues Migrating to DS4246 (6.11.1)

jarkle
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

3 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Lots of errors with the controller, though cannot say the controller is the problem, do you have an LSI HBA you could try with?

I have the old LSI cards I removed but that would require different cables.

Would you recommend using LSI cards instead of a netapp card?

Edited by jarkle

It appears that the netapp card or shelf does not like mixing drive sizes..

More specifically if I try and mix drives <=4TB with drives >4TB things start not being recognized.

I was able to add 2-2TB, 4-4TB and 1-8TB to the shelf and all were recognized by Unraid. If I added one more 8TB then one of the 4TB would drop out and the second 8TB would be recognized.

For now since 8TB is the most I have of a size with a count of 9 I stuck all those into the DS4246 with my only 10TB and they all recognize perfectly.

Then for the 2TB (2) and 4TB (4) drives I connected back to my old LSI.

At first I had the old LSI in the top x16 slot and that caused the drives in the DS4246 to not be recognized by Unraid.

I swapped the NetApp card into the top x16 slot and the LSI into the second x16 slot and boom, all drives are recognized.

Hopefully the 9200-8e I have on order will make this issue go away so I can move ALL the drives into the DS..

Edited by jarkle