[SOLVED] Unraid fails to boot (hangs) on an old system with Intel GMA 3100 video

Rive
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hey!

Been trying to run Unraid 6.11.1 on an Asus P5E-VM DO motherboard with a Core 2 Duo E6750 CPU and 4 Gb of RAM, using the motherboard's video output.

The system starts booting normally, but then at some point the screen goes black and everything stops. No network either - it doesn't get an IP from my DHCP.

The machine is OK, has a Win 7 instance there. The flash drive is ok, works on another machine - boots to CLI, at least.

The flash drive is fresh, no Unraid keys, no trial mode configured.

Here I made a video of the boot sequence. Reminding you, that the bars mean no signal but a black screen means that there is a signal (the capture card detects something), but the signal is blank.

Edited by Rive

Ok, it was the integrated graphics adapter Intel GMA 3100 - I threw in a GT 210 card, and the system booted just fine. But that shouldn't have been a problem - this forum has some old messages confirming old versions of Unraid were working on this MB and other ones with Intel GMA 3100.

Plus the problem technically stays. I don't really want a discrete card in my server just to boot it.

Edited by Rive
  • Rive changed the title to Unraid fails to boot (hangs) on an old system with Intel GMA 3100 video
  • Rive changed the title to [SOLVED] Unraid fails to boot (hangs) on an old system with Intel GMA 3100 video