Windows 10 VM GPU passthrough performance terrible

I am passing through an NVIDIO 750 ti on my Windows 10 VM, I see the card in Device Manager, and I have installed the drivers.

Everything looks to be working, but when I try something simple like playing a youtube video, it is terribly chunky as the video card is not keeping up.  FYI, I have VNC set as the first graphics card in the VM setup, so I can use VNC instead of RDP when needed and to help diagnose issues.  Is this an issue?

I have I have an AMD video card that is dedicated to the physical unraid server to run a monitor, it is not passed through.

In Device Manager in the Win10 VM I see Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, Microsoft Remote Display Adapter, and my NVIDIA 750 ti.

Perhaps the Win10VM is not using the 750ti as the graphics adapter?  Or some other reason the performance is un-useable?

9 hours ago, ghost82 said:

The os will use the virtual video adapter by default.

I have an application that needs OpenGL, which will not work with VNC and the virtual video adapter, it generates and error on launch when I do not pass through my GPU.

When I enable VNC as my first graphics adapter and pass through my GPU as the second graphics adapter, the program will launch whereas it won't with just the VNC adapter.  And I verified under windows settings that applications have the 750ti as default, and it shows in device manager.  This leads me to think Windows is using the 750ti, but perhaps not, but it is strange the OpenGL application works then?

When I edit the VM to remove the VNC adapter and only have my 750ti, when I RDP to it, I get an RDP error - it does not connect, likely the VM is not booting.  If I add the VNC adapter in, I can VNC in and RDP in.

Not sure where to go from here?

Edited by Glimmerman911