Dell EMC HC520 - Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi all, yet another post about this issue. Ive gone through a few of the others and Reddit but as you can guess didnt find a solution. 

I have the drive added to the array and it did the format which took many hours, but when it came time to make it usable i get the above message. Also weirdly it is reporting 11.8TB not 12TB so wondering if theres some kind of partition lingering. 

I read something about using jumpers but my drive doesnt have any pins to add to as it is a SAS drive. When i click format down by the array controls the message changes to formatting then after a few seconds reverts to unsupported partition layout.

hercules-diagnostics-20221029-1302.zip

18 hours ago, JorgeB said:

So unless i missed it this isnt in nerd tools anymore. But i found one of your older posts on how to install it manually. I have it running over the drive. Only downside theres no persistent terminal window. Is there any way to get the progress? Amd also thanks for the help ill report back if it worked

8 hours ago, JorgeB said:

You can use screen or similar.

Ah after looking at screen/tmux im guessing i needed to run it via one of those. Theres no way to bring that already running background task back i take it. not to worry, at this point i think it should be done by morning i can see the drive activity light as a guide

nevermind, figured it out 85%. so close

Edited by ObviousViking
  • Like 1