Unraid borked itself overnight, not sure how to fix without nuking it.

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi folks,

I'm usually good at fixing things myself, but I'm in over my head at this moment. I tried to look log into qbittorrent and it failed. I logged into the Unraid gui and the docker page didn't come up, it was just showing the loading animation. I tried to disable Docker to delete the docker.img file and start rebuilding, but all I see are these lines (image.png)

I tried to login using ssh and manually delete the file but the terminal doesn't let me use the keyboard after the password prompt. 

Then I tried to download diagnostics and it just hangs and won't download. I was however able to download the syslog from the gui. 

Do I need to nuke the whole thing at this point or are there things to try before I go nuclear on my install? Please advise.

image.png

tower-syslog-20221031-1310.zip

Edit: well the reset worked. Hard to believe, since I had done a proper reboot earlier!

I forgot to mention, I did reboot before posting. I just tried to access the nvidia plugin and the gui became unresponsive. I don't know what would be using all the memory, dashboard with Docker off sits at 38% ram used. 

Because the gui was unresponsive and I couldn't get a shell, I did a reset. It triggered a parity check of course. The system came back on good, I can access the shell now. Checked the log since reboot, all good, no memory errors or nvidia errors. I'll wait until the parity check is over and then I'll open a shell just in case and try to turn Docker on. Hopefully everything is good now.

Edited by ontarian_frog