Unsupported partition layout

just wanted to add that i have the exact same issue as OP on 6.11.2, it appears to fail to format when starting to add to the array as a replacement drive. starting in maintenance mode, running a filesystem repair and then taking it out of the array and mounting in UD also fails. i upgraded from 6.10.3 last week, i may have to roll back to continue replacing the 2 drives with my 2 new disks.

EDIT: updating to 6.11.3 fixed the issue.

Edited by boss2688
On 11/9/2022 at 8:32 AM, JorgeB said:

You do appear to have RAM problems but those should be unrelated since you have ECC RAM and they are logged as corrected, still need to replace the faulty DIMM(s) ASAP.

Since you did many rebuild attempts and new configs I would suggest first rebooting to clear the logs, then doing a new config with all the old disks, check parity is already valid but run a correcting parity check since a few since errors are expected, only after that's done without any issues try replacing the disks again, using v6.11.1 or v6.11.3, if any unmountable disk comes up at any point during that post new diags.

Thank you for the help.  I now have a drive rebuilding that is mountable.  Very much appreciated.

• Like 1