Replaced disk shows Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi,

I replaced a non-parity 1TB disk in my server with a 4TB one (Disk 2 in diagnostics). Now the disk is showing up as "Unmountable: Unsupported partition layout".

When I remove the disk from the array and leave the Disk 2 slot empty and start the array, all the data is there, but when I add the disk again and start the array, none of the data that is supposed to be on Disk 2 shows up. (Parity data should be valid with previous drive since parity check finished 6 days ago with 0 errors)

I've already let the data rebuild happen twice now and after the data rebuild is done, still none of the data shows up.

I've just replaced the sata cable to the new disk (since it was under slight tention before), with a brand new cable and also used a different sata port on motherboard but that didn't make a difference.

Before all of this went down, I upgraded Unraid from version 6.9.2 directly to 6.11.2. I do have a backup from the flashdrive right before I did that.

The server is running an GitLab instance. I do not have a full proper backup. I still have the previous drive and none of the data regarding GitLab has been changed since replacing the drive, so grabbing data from the previous drive and manually adding it back could be an option?

I am uncertain what to do next.

Screenshots

With Disk 2 assigned

chrome_2022-11-06_14-26-24.thumb.png.a74b198007e7c70c6cedb87456f844ac.png

Without Disk 2 assigned

chrome_2022-11-06_14-22-05.thumb.png.2e888536faa399d7b97c44c45222efe9.png

with_disk2_neon-diagnostics-20221106-1419.zip without_disk2_neon-diagnostics-20221106-1420.zip

Edited by Zandor300