Hi all

I have 2 x 1TB Samsung disk as "Cache" where i store my appdata

image.thumb.png.6709cbbcf69876b4ef15e359d87bddc0.png

The appdata folder is setup like this:

image.thumb.png.cbb816a7ac886c9764ab45bc2253f03c.png

But im getting a error in "Fix common problmes" about the 

Use cache pool (for new files/directories):

I only want to store this on my samsung devices. So i set 

Use cache pool (for new files/directories): to "only" ?

Another question:

When i look into appdata:

I can see that the docker containers is also on disk1?

image.thumb.png.9bf03575b1573b0cd6bb2d8cc6437de5.png

Is that be design or a error?

Meny thanks!

You need change "Use cache Pool" from No to Prefer.  Then select which of the Cache Pools you wish the Appdata to be stored (looks as you have Cache and Chache 2).

You will need to turn off Docker Service then run Mover to move your data from your array to cache.

(edit: I see you have already changed from NO to Only.  That will work also.  Prefer allow if you reach full capacity in the cache drive for data to continue to write to the array.  Only will give you an out of space error if you fill the cache drive.  In either case, you need to stop Docker Service and run Mover to move data off the array.)

Appdata cache.JPG

Edited by ConnerVT
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, ConnerVT said:

You need change "Use cache Pool" from No to Prefer.  Then select which of the Cache Pools you wish the Appdata to be stored (looks as you have Cache and Chache 2).

You will need to turn off Docker Service then run Mover to move your data from your array to cache.

(edit: I see you have already changed from NO to Only.  That will work also.  Prefer allow if you reach full capacity in the cache drive for data to continue to write to the array.  Only will give you an out of space error if you fill the cache drive.  In either case, you need to stop Docker Service and run Mover to move data off the array.)

Appdata cache.JPG

Thanks for the reply 👍

But My mover runs every night so i dont understand why i have folders on My disk1 drive. 

Ahh meaby the mover cant move them becurse they are running.

I just dont understand why they have gone there in the first place? When i set the Cache to "only".

So my plan is 

close all dockers

Set the cache to "prefer"

Run the mover

But how can i make a "complete" backup of all my dockers? (Im using CA backup but now im so confused about the cache(dsik1)

I have made a raid 1 of the 2 samsung drive :)

Edited by DanielPT
4 hours ago, JonathanM said:

That's not going to work. Closing the containers is not enough, you need to disable the docker service in settings, so the word "Docker" no longer appears in the GUI navigation bar.

Correct.  That's why I wrote that twice.  😆

Mover will not move any files that are open (in use by another program/application/system/etc).  Even though an individual Docker application (or even all of them) may be stopped, the files are still in open by the Docker Service itself.

Edited by ConnerVT
Words. They are difficult.
8 hours ago, DanielPT said:

But how can i make a "complete" backup of all my dockers?

Use the Backup/Restore Appdata plugin to backup the Docker Appdata.  (Note when it is backing up, the plugin also stops the Dockers so it can access data, just as Mover needs to.  It restarts any of the dockers which were running once the backup is completed).

Docker templates for every Docker container you have ever installed are saved on your boot flash drive.  In the Docker tab, at the bottom left of the page, you click Add Container, and select the container template you want from the drop down.

Any other data (such as media files or whatever) you can back up as you would any data on the system.

• Like 1