Can't get Windows 10 VM with GPU Passthrough To Boot

FiNakoma
Go to solution Solved by FiNakoma,

Been having loads of issues getting a Win 10 VM with GPU passthrough for my Asus AMD 6600XT. I had it working on an old VM with virtually identical settings to this one. The only difference is that I'm accessing an NVME directly instead of using a VDISK image. I've since broken that VM completely so can't access it anymore. 

I can get into Windows if I use the standard VNC driver but I keep running in to the following error:

2022-11-16T14:40:48.353261Z qemu-system-x86_64: terminating on signal 15 from pid 11343 (/usr/sbin/libvirtd)

Full logs https://pastebin.com/8CcbDFjX

Attached my diagnostics 

I've tried loads of guides tried about everything I can find on google/unraid forum/reddit. :( Stepping away before I lost my mind.. 

Here's my VM config: 

image.thumb.png.94af72c13380072609d43e79ece399de.png

tower-diagnostics-20221116-1636.zip

• Solution

For anyone who has this issue I spent ages and loads of things to fix it and eventually found this post: 

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/114864-how-i-lost-my-mental-integrity-about-code-43-gpu-passthrough/?do=findComment&comment=1127751

Removing the following from the VM XML file and boom VM boots absolutely fine and I can see my GPU in device manager: 

<hyperv>
      <relaxed state='on'/>
      <vapic state='on'/>
      <spinlocks state='on' retries='8191'/>
      <vendor_id state='on' value='none'/>
 </hyperv>

• Like 1