Need help with 10gbe ethernet and virtual switch

Hi guys, I am new to the diy NAS world. Forgive me if the question sounds very dumb

I wanted to get 1G/s speed between my desktop and home server so I am planning to add 10gbe network card to both my home server and my desktop. But my problem is I do not have a 10gbe switch also I do not plan to put my server within the same room(too noisy). so I have to connect the home server to my 1gbe switch and let my desktop connect to my server directly through the pre-routed port on my wall to get the 10gbe ethernet. But that way I am losing connection to the internet . So I am wondering is there some kind of way that I can set up a "virtual switch" in my server like I did in my previous synology and qnap so I can get 10gbe ethernet and 1gbe internet using 1 single cable?

14 hours ago, Shu said:

Could you add a 10gbe network card to your server that has two ports? One going to your router/1gb switch then the other to your PC? 

Yeah that's exactly what I am gonna do.. on my server i have 2x 1GB ports and planning to add a 2x10gbe card to it. I guess my question is if i connect one of them to my PC and another to router/switch, will my PC get access to internet automatically? Or do i need to install a VM that runs openwrt/pfsense that does the job for me