Shared folder (User cache pool = preferred) only stays on cache drive, but no same folder name on Disk1 drive-why?

bthoven

I've operated Unraid for almost a year now without problem. Now I run Unraid latest version, 6.11.3.

I have one user share folder, named "unraid_shared", which I defined parameter "Use Cache Pool=Prefer" when I created it. Since its creation, I believe the same folder are in both the Cache drive and Disk1 drive, which is normal because when I create a new file/subfolder inside the unraid_shared folder, it will be stored in Cache first, and it will be automatically moved to Disk1 later, if necessary?

Since the day before, my unraid_shared folder on Disk1 became just a flat file named unraid_shared (size 517b), while the unraid_shared folder on Cache drive is still intact and seems to contain all subfolders/files. I don't know what has happened. Is there any way to have the unraid_shared as a folder on my Disk1 again? Can I simply delete the flat file unraid_shared from Disk1, and Unraid OS will re-create the same folder in Disk1 automatically?

The reason I found this problem because I have a user script scheduled to run every day. It's supposed to create a new file every day in unraid_shared folder. In the script I refer to the folder location as /mnt/user/unraid_shared, which is located is on Disk1. As now such folder on Disk1 became just a flat file named user_shared, so the script can't find such folder, thus terminated.