Issue deleting files within unRaid on a remote share through Krusader

lxr200
Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hey All! I'm really new to unraid, had some help with a buddy getting everything set up to use for a media server, so far its amazing! I have a quick little issue - more of just a little nuisance that I found that I can't seem to take care of. Following is what I've been doing to explain then what my issue is:

I'm in the process of transferring all my media files over from my old NAS drives (lots of video files, MP4s and MKVs) I'm using a USB hard drive dock so I can attach my drives straight to my NAS then mount my drives in Unassigned devices, then through Krusader, I "Move" the files over to the drives within my NAS - therefore, when they are done moving, they are no longer on the old drives (instead of copying and deleting). That works perfectly fine and dandy, no complaints, no issues.

Now to where I'm having an issue... The problem is I have a Remote SMB share from my desktop connected to my unRaid server, that way I can easily use Krusader to move over video files straight from my PC, I can "Move" them over, but constantly get an error message when the file finishes saying "Access Denied to 'remote share/folder/file.mp4'".. The transfer completes, the file is on my NAS but it also stays on my other drive on my desktop as well. If I try to straight up delete the files on my desktop remote share through Krusader, it doesn't give any error, just doesn't delete it. Also cannot rename any files on the desktop remote share.

Originally I thought it was something to do with folder permissions, so I made sure to make sure within windows "users" AND "Administrators" have full access to read, write, and modify files, but it still won't work.

Anyone have any suggestions? Its not a huge deal, like I said its more of just a nuisance, I can always just copy the data, then delete it manually from my desktop, but it would be nice to take that step away.

Remote.thumb.JPG.ba887d9cf33f2cafa9be58f4ec27594e.JPGaccess.JPG.604cf87770a2de548887382e61db5929.JPG

NAS Specs:
- Netgear RN516 (Modified slightly)
- Intel Xeon 1265L V3
- 16GB ECC DDR3 1600
- 5 8TB WD Red Plus drives (1 of them as a parity) - 240GB WD Easyshare SSD Cache

My Desktop is using the latest version of Windows 10

Let me know if more info is needed. Thanks!

EDIT: and to clarify, I have mapped network drives for shares on my desktop that I can access just fine. Just having issues modifying files on the remote share for my desktop through unraid.

syslog.txt

Edited by lxr200
Added Syslog
1 hour ago, itimpi said:

You probably need to ensure that at the Windows level user ‘everyone’ has full control over the folders/files you want to manipulate remotely.  Note that this permission needs to be correct both directly a the File Manager level, and also in Windows at the Share level.

I did change the entire drive permissions as well as the folder itself (its data only drive within my Desktop) I tried enabling "Everyone" but it was still giving me the same issue. I added an "everyone" permissions with full control.....

Update: I googled around and didn't realize that the share itself in the "advanced sharing" properties had permissions as well. This fixed it! Thank you very much for your help! I've been trying to figure this out for about a day now.

Thank you again!

5 hours ago, lxr200 said:

Update: I googled around and didn't realize that the share itself in the "advanced sharing" properties had permissions as well. This fixed it! Thank you very much for your help! I've been trying to figure this out for about a day now.

This often gets missed :)  the actual permissions for accessing over the network are those that are common to both the Windows base level and the share level.

• Like 1