Files won't copy from NAS back to workstation

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi all, 

I've got a weird situation where files from the NAS refuse to copy back to my PC. It's a folder with 8,000 .jpg files ranging from 300kb to 2mb in size. I can open the files in windows explorer, albeit with a wait time of about 5 seconds before I can see the photo.

The file copy dialogue is stuck on "Calculating...", the NAS seems to have a constant CPU utilisation of about 30%. No read/write activity on the disks. 

I can copy other files from the NAS and write to the NAS at full network speed (1Gbps), but this operation doesn't want to play nice.

Any idea what might be causing this, and more importantly how I can release the files from the tight death grip of the NAS?

Thank you kindly in advance for your replies and for your help!

Best wishes, 

Robin

NAS.PNG

Hi Jorge, thank you for the reply. For posterity: my H77 board blew up shortly after posting this, and the copying error seems to have been caused by a mechanical failure on the parity drive. This failure may or may not have been related to the defective board. Replacing the parity drive and re-building it overnight has resolved all errors (and I was able to get my files).

Take care and best wishes, 

Robin

• Like 1