[SOLVED] LSI HBA not Detected, Dead Card?

Seonac
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Unraid - 6.2.9

HBA - LSI 9207-8i - 6 / 8 drives connected. 

I switched all of my hardware to a much needed new case. 

After booting UNRAID the array configuration was invalid and none of the disks connected to the LSI card were detected. The cache pool and the parity drive is connected to the motherboard SATA ports were detected by UNRAID. 

I tried reseating the card, disconnected and reseated all cables at both ends. I tried switch the card to another PCIe slot on the motherboard.

During at least a couple of the boots I saw the following error:

mpt2sas_cm0: _base_spin_on_doorbell_int: failed due to timeout count

As well as other failures related to mpt2sas, which is what prompted me to reseat and change the card to another PCIe slot. 

After changing the card to another PCIe slot the card was detected and UNRAID showed the configuration was valid. When I tried to start the array, it never actually started… really hoping the data on the drives is ok… UNRAID didn’t show any errors that I saw. It just sat “Starting Array” for an extremely LONG time. I should’ve grabbed a syslog or diagnostic but didn’t even think. 

I shutdown and checked the seating of the card again and now the card is not showing up at all… I did grab a diagnostic log from this boot up. This is bundle attached. 

I tried to boot into the BIOS for the card but never saw an option for it come up, tried CTRL+G during boot but UNRAID boot menu just ended up eventually came up. I bought the card 3 years ago off Amazon and it was already flashed to IT mode so maybe possible the BIOS was wiped/removed?

Am I right thinking that the card dead or is there something else going on in the logs?unfortunately I don’t have another board to test it on. 

mrnas-diagnostics-20221219-2220.zip

Edited by Seonac
Updated title to solved
  • Seonac changed the title to [SOLVED] LSI HBA not Detected, Dead Card?