Usb flash drive changed, cant start array

skank
Go to solution Solved by JonathanM,

Hi

I"ve been using unraid for a lot of years.

However ive come to the point my usb flash drive is broken (still works but i dont wanna wait until it dies).

I got a full unraid license

I backed up my flash drive and wrote it using the unraid tool to a new usb stick.

I booted from the new usb stick , all works but now i cant start my array cause it says :

The registered GUID does not match the USB Flash boot device GUID

The Registration key file does not correspond to the USB Flash boot device. Please copy the correct key file to the config directory on your USB Flash boot device. If you do not have a backup copy of your key file, Contact Support.

If you want to replace your Registration key with a new key bound to this USB Flash device, click Replace Key below. An original key may be replaced anytime. Thereafter, a replacement key may be replaced again after one year has passed. If you require another replacement key sooner, Contact Support.

Note: Replacing a Registration key results in permanently blacklisting the previous USB Flash GUID.

So what do i do now, get the old key from the old usb stick? and copy it to the config folder?

Or replace key?

I thought if i took a backup and put it to new flash drive, the registration key was copied and unraid nows i want to transfer and i dont need to replace it?

Edited by skank
more info
  • Solution
16 minutes ago, skank said:

I thought if i took a backup and put it to new flash drive, the registration key was copied and unraid nows i want to transfer and i dont need to replace it?

Semantics. The backup put the key file that belongs to the old USB stick onto the new stick, so you must obtain a new key file that matches the new stick. That's done with the replace key procedure.

I realize I'm saying the exact same thing that you said, just wording it differently, if I'm not clear reply back and I'll try to explain better.