Changed BTRFS cache to XFS and now Docker and VMs won't start

Toino
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

As the title says i was having some problems with my system locking up with max reads on the cache drive with system and domains and after searching for a while i kept seeing post about people having the same problem and switching to XFS and solving the problem.

I followed the guide and used the mover during the night to remove most of the files from the cache, only used for domains and system, this morning only the docker and libvirt folder was on the cache disk, used the file manager plugin to copy the folders to the data share, stopped the array changed the cache pool to XFS, started the array and formatted the cache drive to enable XFS and finally moved the 2 folders (docker and libvirt) to the cache disk again using the cp -r command.

Started Docker and VM and its not working, all of the dockers and VMs say that they were deleted.

While checking the docker settings i see that is says its using a btrfs docker vdisk, do I need to change this to xfs?

r/unRAID - Help, changed BTRFS cache to XFS and now Docker and VMs won't start

Appdata is in a separate btrfs cache pool.

Already confirmed that all of the files exist both in the cache and the domains in the array.

Im hoping i didn't destroy my unraid server.

Thanks for the help in advance.

unraid-server-diagnostics-20230117-1713.zip

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Docker image can easily be recreated, assuming appdata is complete, based on the transid the libvirt.img is new, suggesting it wasn't properly copied, do you have a backup?

Yes i still have the original files in the array.
Do I just delete the libvirt file in the cache and copy this one to the same place?

image.png.86427b3e67db5c4660acb99b06211486.png

Edited by Toino
photo added

Thanks for the help, i managed to fix my problems, I was copying the images to the root system folder on the cache instead of the respective folder for each one, the docker and libvirt folder.
The other thing was that i forgot that before the shares were using "Prefer" instead of "Yes", after changing this invoking mover and copying the files correctly everything is working again.

• Like 1