Mover won't move even after disabling docker and VMs

I have read other post and follow every advice I could find, and I'm still having issues. I can't post my log either because it is full and is not logging anymore. 

I have cache in my app-data and system, and I'm trying to move all to the array. My cache is small, 64 GB. 

I have turned off all dockers and disable them, I also disable VM, although I don't have any VM's. 

I have invoked the mover manually and by schedule, and it just doesn't move anything. 

The bulk of my data that I need move is in Photoprism, but I really want to move all of the data out of the cache, so I can install a bigger cache drive. 

Although, I will not want any cache if it just going to get full and not move stuff out of there. 

What info can I provide for someone to help me??

• If using the mover tuning plugin first thing to do is to check its settings or remove it and try without it just to rule it out

I just disable it and I will try again. 

• use cache pool option for the share(s) is not correctly set, see here for more details but basically cache=yes moves data from pool to array, cache=prefer moves data from array to pool, cache=only and cache=no options are not touched by the Mover.

The two shares with issues are set to yes, so I should be good here. 

• files are open, they already exist or there's not enough space in the destination, enable Mover logging (Settings -> Scheduler -> Mover Settings) and it will show in the syslog what the error is.

Do you mean that the files could actually have been moved already, but they also exist in the cache? if so, I can I remove the cache and install a new, bigger size cache? last time I try to remove my cache drive, a bunch of files disappeared, meaning they were not in the array. 

• if it's a not enough space error note that split level overrides allocation method, also minimum free space for the share(s) must be correctly set, usual recommendation is to set it to twice the max file size you expect to copy/move to that share.

My array has a lot of space available in both of my drives. 

The diagnostics has been downloading for a couple of hours now, I'm guessing something is wrong. 

I did go to look at the shares, and I do see a lot of the files duplicated in the array and cache. I didn't check every single folder, but everything I looked at, is backed up to the array, I didn't see anything in the cache only, meaning, there doesn't seem to be anything on the cache that isn't on the array. 

Can I remove the cache? 

Is there another way to get the diagnostics  file? I restarted the system, I noticed the log was empty after the restart, I then check to make sure docker and VM's are still disable, and then I ran the mover. When I check the system again, the log was full again. I ran the diagnostics tool, but nothing downloads, I actually got an Ah Snap error. 

I also noticed that it keeps 'downloading" data from PhotoPrism, but the same 4 files keep cycling. 

Screenshot 2023-01-20 151704.jpg

Repeating.jpg

2023-01-20 15-20-56.mkv

mover log is mostly about already existing files

23 hours ago, Oscar Armendariz said:

Can I remove the cache? 

Just keep it around in case you discover anything missing and you can get files from it as an Unassigned Device.

Definitely need something larger if you intend to cache user share writes.

Ideally appdata, domains, system shares should not be on array since these files are always open, keeping array disks spun up. And docker/VM performance will be impacted by slower array.

If you also plan to cache user share writes, cache should be large enough to keep those shares on cache, and also large enough to hold as much as you will write between mover runs.

Mover is intended for idle time. Daily in the middle of the night is the default schedule. It is impossible to move from fast cache to slow array as fast as you can write to cache. You shouldn't be writing data to the server while mover is running.

And, don't try to cache the initial data load, caching just gets in the way for large data transfers. If you intend to write more than cache can hold, don't cache those writes, simple as that.

Many of us have separate pools, a pool for docker/VMs, and a pool for caching.