Share Folder behaviour and 'php' errors when deleting old shares.

yakuzah
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi Everyone, 

New to Unraid, moved across from Synology so just learning, so be gentle with me :D

I have some errors that are appearing when I delete old empty shares, that is concerning that I needed help and advice please?

Also strange behaviour with my shares showing 'Some or all files are Unprotected'.

1. PHP Errors:  When I deleted an old folder today I received the following error in the picture below and in text.

"Move all files from cache pool selected above.

Warning: file_get_contents(/boot/config/shares/temp.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(694) : eval()'d code on line 31

Warning: file_get_contents(/boot/config/shares/temp.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(694) : eval()'d code on line 33

Warning: file_get_contents(/boot/config/shares/temp.cfg): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix/include/DefaultPageLayout.php(694) : eval()'d code on line 33

Not Applicable"

I was curious to see if the error was unique to the particular share I was deleting but it appears to happen every time! Any advice please?

image.thumb.png.7cb626271649f70134cd68b6d162acbd.png

2: shares showing 'Some or all files are Unprotected'

I have tried to ensure that directories that are assigned to a cache pool drive reside on that drive, and not on both the array and the cache, and it appears all is ok, but I still get the errors showing.  I have tried one specific share, and changing the option for storage to 'Yes' to the folders and directory are moved by 'mover' but nothing appears to happen even when I invoke mover manually.

I have sometimes left mover to do it's thing for hours, then changed options back to 'prefer' two move files back to the cache pool, but nothing appears to happen.

I wonder if the php errors with Mover and the issues with the share are the same problem?

image.thumb.png.7e9b2c8e63f4c2a5abb06d35b96b6060.png

-----

Thanks for your help and assistance in advance.

I have included my Unraid diagnostics as well in case that helps?

Thanks 

Gary

elsa-diagnostics-20230121-1456.zip

21 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Unprotected just means there are files for that share in storage with no redundancy, since you cache is single device that's normal.

Ok thanks that re-assuring, being new to UNRAID was not sure, sir thanks for letting me know.

What about the php errors for mover, and when I am deleting shares please? I don't actually believe mover is working correctly at all to be honest :)