Problem upgrading/replacing GPU in Windows 10 VM

hocky

Hi,

i´m running a Windows 10 VM on an UNRAID 6.9.2 (registered).

The VM is running a light control software which is currently using an NVidia NVS295 GPU. To be able to use all of it´s features, i would like to change the NVS295 with a GTX1050Ti, which is already installed in the server and currently assigned (and working) to another VM.

Unfortunately, i´m not able to change the GPU via the UNRAID-GUI. If i do it, the VM doesn´t boot (no boot drive)...

I did quite some fiddling in the past to get the initial VM running with the NVS295, so there´s a high possibility i just screwed up the configuration.

Please find attached the configuration files for the VM that is working well with the GTX1050 and the one that is currently working with the NVS295. Any help how to change the NVS295 to the GTX1050Ti is much appreciated.

One constraint: since the license of the software running in the NVS295 VM is tied to some sort of machine id, i can´t just setup a new and fresh VM - which i think would solve my issue easily. I need to get it fixed with the current VM.

Thanks,

Thorsten

ELM Nvidia NVS295 VM-Konfig .txt PC-Claudia working Config mit GTX1050.txt UNRAID-system devices.txt

I managed to have the GTX1050 show up in the VM by adding these lines to the XLM-file:

<hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x05' slot='0x00' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
    </hostdev>
    <hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
      </source>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x05' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
    </hostdev>

Both the GPU and the audio part show up in device manager in Windows 10 and i´m also able to install the NVidia driver for the GPU.

But after reboot, the NVidia driver is obviously not loaded and the GTX1050 show up with a yellow exclamation mark.

Any idea what i´m missing?