Network drivers are hard

Go to solution Solved by Frank1940,

I have a 2.5g nic, this one -->https://www.newegg.com/p/14U-00X6-00011?Item=9SIAMKXJHX3989

It uses the Intel I225V chip. It also came with a CD for drivers and some admin tool, but the linux drivers are in a .tar.gz and apparently I need to make install it in order to use it. However, unraid doesn't support this, and I can't find any guides anywhere nor plugins for unraid to achieve this. If anyone knows what I need to do or has any ideas, that would be much appreciated! 

(Note, I found the same driver package on intel's website -->https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/download/15755/intel-ethernet-connections-boot-utility-preboot-images-and-efi-drivers.html)

Unraid doesn't officially support custom drivers. You can probably do something diy, but it's not as simple as installing a driver from a CD 

Having said that, I225V should be supported out of the box since unraid 6.9.2 or thereabouts. What version are you on and what actual issue are you seeing? Perhaps post diagnostics so someone can see what is going on

• Solution

I looked over your diagnostics file and it appears that your new (?) NIC card is being recognized and the driver installed.  What I would suggest now is that you shut your server down properly.  (A quick push of the power switch should do that.  It will take about a minute or two.)  Then pull the Flash driver from the server and put it in your PC.  Open up the Flash Drive and enter the    /config    folder/directory.  Rename these two files    network.cfg    and    network-rules.cfg  by adding    .OLD    to the end of each file name. Eject the flash drive and put it back in the server and start it up.  (During the boot process those two files will be regenerated since they were found missing.)  Hopefully that will fix it