Intel 600 series MB have issues with not seeing AS Media ASM1064 SATA host controllers

Hello everyone, I have had issues with my upgraded rebuild for sometime. Long story short if you have a SATA host controller with a AS Media Chip and the card is not seen by your MB. It is not the MB it is the card. You have to flash an older BIOS onto the card to get it to work correctly and the card must be updated in a non 600 series MB. This is the link that has the Bios firmware and the PDF that will explain how to upgrade the BIOS on the card. https://www.silverstonetek.com/en/product/info/expansion-cards/ECS06/

Scroll down to the File Support and look for the link that mentions the Intel 600 series chipset MB issues.  The BIOS update will work with most AS Media chips such as my ASM1064. I used it with my Feb Smart PCI E 3.0 SATA III 6Gbps Expansion card. Feb Smart does not carry the updated BIOS or mentions the headache with the AS Media chips. I had to hunt for this and found it on giving a review telling of their issue with a similar card. Hope this helps someone in the group.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a bit of salvation for me.  I've just updated my mobo and the new one uses this chip set.  

My problem is that the flash tool is windows based & I don't have a Windows desktop that I can install the board into.  Then I thought I could build a USB windows boot drive and do it on the server BUT the instructions say it MUST be done "using Non Intel 600series chipset motherboard".  So that rules out the new motherboard.  And, the old mobo has already gone to the recycler. 

Not sure how I'm going to get this card flashed. 

• 1 month later...

Interesting.... Some thing just happened to me as I upgraded to B760 motherboard from c23x board (haswell/broadwel generation). It took me by surprise and as1064 controller just stopped being recognised. I actually thought I got a lemon motherboard at first, but started googling and found there was a f/w update for many 106x chips with PCIe gen2. But 1064 is PCIe gen3 so it must be incompatible. Well, thanks to this thread I flashed a f/w that was meant for asmedia 1166 on 1064 and it actually worked. I had nothing to lose so... Anyway, thanks OP!