HPE iLO AMS service

Vader66
Go to solution Solved by Vader66,

Hi, 

I am a bit new to the unRAID community and unRAID itself. Hopefully, I chose the correct support channel. So far, love it. I move away from VMware ESXi, because unRAID gives me more options for what I need. I have a HPE DL20 Gen9 and it runs beautifully on it. BUT, I installed the lates Service Pack from HP and it restart my iLO4 a few times. Now I have the issue, that the Agentless Management Service did not start back up again. With Windows Server, I would just restart the service itself, but I have no clue of how to do this with unRAID. I am thankful for any help and tips. 

Cheers

AMS-iLO4.jpg

• Solution

I got it. Eureka. 

I am monitoring all my devices via SNMP and have Observium running on my second HP. That is just for Docker containers and it serves me really well. 

Solution:

- download the Windows Server 2019 Evaluation .iso and boot it up from a disk. 

- I installed it on my cache drive, since that is easily redone with unRAID. 

- Install the latest HPE Service pack on your Win Srv system and it will install and activate the Agentless Management Service on the server, and that will activate it again on iLO (4 in my case)

- Now everything is coming through again and I can see my HDDs, SSDs, and NVMes. Also, the RAM again with descriptions, temp., speed, etc. 

...and it only took me a day to figure everything out :)

Now I am switching back to my unRAID USB stick to boot and everything is fine again. 

Screenshot 2023-02-05 142029.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2023 at 2:21 PM, Vader66 said:

I got it. Eureka. 

I am monitoring all my devices via SNMP and have Observium running on my second HP. That is just for Docker containers and it serves me really well. 

Solution:

- download the Windows Server 2019 Evaluation .iso and boot it up from a disk. 

- I installed it on my cache drive, since that is easily redone with unRAID. 

- Install the latest HPE Service pack on your Win Srv system and it will install and activate the Agentless Management Service on the server, and that will activate it again on iLO (4 in my case)

- Now everything is coming through again and I can see my HDDs, SSDs, and NVMes. Also, the RAM again with descriptions, temp., speed, etc. 

...and it only took me a day to figure everything out :)

Now I am switching back to my unRAID USB stick to boot and everything is fine again. 

Screenshot 2023-02-05 142029.jpg

Did you just install agentless management from HPE? When trying to install on my Windows Server VM it says "The software will not be installed on this system because the required hardware is not present in the system or the software/firmware doesn't apply to this system."

Edit: Just read your post with more attention, did you install Windows server directly to the cache drive? Does unraid just not overwrite that data, or did you consume the cache drive for AMS?

Edited by alexhoopes

Yeah, I had the same message. I installed it on the server itself. I used the cache SSD for the installation. So, unRAID was untouched and it was easy to just delete and reformat the cache drive. However, now the bad news, it will go back to not showing you everything. I switched my unRAID to a HPE ProLiant Microserver Gen10 for everything (monitoring) and my HPE DL20 Gen9 has now VMWare ESXi for that server on it. VMWare gives me a few more options that I need and everything from HP is already installed and ready to go. 

IMG_0693.jpg