Cannot connect to server over LAN Browser or in Safe GUI Boot - Spontaneous Problem - ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

Go to solution Solved by tapiokapudding,

I've done a dig on previous threads related to this error (different threads over many years).  I shut down my server to install new HDDs and this problem started as soon as I tried to start it back up.  It has previously been working great over the past month without issues.  For reference, I had since re-configured the server to the previous setup to eliminate that as a problem (although does it really matter if the array is off? at this point something on the flash drive is probably in error). 

Previous threads have been fixed by different ways, one user ended up deleting all his plugins and it helped, other users can access the server by directing the browser to a different specific address (http/https/ip/servername ect).  None of the above have worked for me.  I have also tried from multiple different computers.  My router sees and is connecting the server at the same assigned IP.  When I try to connect in chrome I get "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" as the given error immediately after hitting enter.   

I can still log into the server on the host and generate a diagnostics file which I will share.

Any thoughts?

EDIT:  Extra things for consideration

fresh unraid install has no issue finding the internet and working (probably not a network related issue, network.cfg files are the same)

Moving my configuration over to the fresh install flash drive reproduces the original problem

tower-diagnostics-20230207-1145.zip

Edited by tapiokapudding
16 hours ago, itimpi said:

The diagnostics showed that the ‘go’ file had the line that starts up the GUI missing.  Are you sure you did not accidentally delete that as the file otherwise has sensible contents and simply having a line deleted is not what one might expect from corruption?

thanks for weighing in.  Nothing that I can think of, the drive has remained installed in the USB slot since the unraid initial configuration.  I found this solution randomly through another poster deep in comments - perhaps something causes the go file to be corrupted in certain circumstances?  

Installed new HDs and created a new config, everything working as normal ever since the fix yesterday.  I'll mark solution.