Unraid not detecting new USB-HDD

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hello everyone!

I've spent some time on the forums right now and could not find a proper solution to my problem yet. 

I've just started with unraid and am currently running it on an Intel NUC11. Just today I tried to install 2 brand new Toshiba 16TB MG08 via USB 3.0, each in its own external enclosure. They are both detected in BIOS but Unraid only seems to find one at a time, so they are both detected just fine as long as I dont plug in both at the same time. Other configurations, so 1 of the MG08 and 1 random other USB-HDD simultaneously work just fine, just not the two MGH08s together.

Please find the diagnostics attached. Do you guys have any idea on how to fix this?

mother-diagnostics-20230208-1923.zip

Edited by fsnetworks
  • Solution
Feb  8 09:57:39 MOTHER emhttpd: device /dev/sdb problem getting id

Note that USB is not recommended for array or pools devices, but the problem is that both devices have the same identifier, Unraid requires a unique identifier to be able to track the devices, you'd need to use a different USB bridge for one of them.