(SOLVED) Cache drive shows under Unassigned, and many CRC errors after a restart

HAMANY
Go to solution Solved by trurl,

Hi all,

Few days ago, one of my drives had read errors and got disabled (Disk 6). I stopped the array, remove the disk from the array, started the array again, saw the disk in unassigned but I wasn't able to select it in the array (No disk). So I shutdown the server, changed the disabled disk cables, started the server again, then the surprise.

The cache (NVME) was shown under the unassigned devices, when I add it to the pool, it says it's a new device. Also there were many disks with UDMA CRC errors. 

I've attached the diags before the first restart and after the restart.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you.

tower-diagnostics-20230209-0626 (After Restart).zip tower-diagnostics-20230206-2321 (Before Restart).zip

Edited by HAMANY
SOLVED
23 minutes ago, trurl said:

Which drive was this?

Disk 6 the drive that got disabled

Cache (nvme0n1) the cache ssd that is shown as unassigned

15 minutes ago, trurl said:

Start the array and post new diagnostics

Is there any risk of losing the pool data (cache)?

It has all the dockers, I've a backup for it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2023 at 7:13 AM, trurl said:

Should be OK, don't format it.

Thank you!

The array is back online again, however, there are some issues.

- Some dockers and plugins got corrupted. The Community App tab disappeared.

- Loading the docker icons in the dashboard page is very slow. The server is overall slower than before.

- Many disks have UDMA CRC error. Although recently, I've changed the power and Sata cables

- Every time I restart the server, the Cache drive goes to unassigned.

Appreciate your suggestion

tower-diagnostics-20230217-1030.zip

Corruption on flash drive.

Feb 16 04:40:13 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-binhex-deluge.xml corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:13 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-binhex-krusader.xml corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:13 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-FileZilla.xml corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:13 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-JDownloader2.xml corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:13 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-PuTTY.xml corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:13 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-transmission.xml corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:13 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-tsMuxeR.xml corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:14 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/disk.cfg corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:14 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/domain.cfg corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:14 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/ident.cfg corrupted

Do you have a current backup of flash?

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, trurl said:

Corruption on flash drive.

Feb 16 04:40:13 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-binhex-deluge.xml corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:13 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-binhex-krusader.xml corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:13 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-FileZilla.xml corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:13 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-JDownloader2.xml corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:13 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-PuTTY.xml corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:13 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-transmission.xml corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:13 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/my-tsMuxeR.xml corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:14 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/disk.cfg corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:14 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/domain.cfg corrupted
Feb 16 04:40:14 Tower root: Fix Common Problems: Error: /boot/config/ident.cfg corrupted

Do you have a current backup of flash?

Yes I do.

Should I do full data restore? Or just for the corrupted files?

Thanks

• HAMANY changed the title to (SOLVED) Cache drive shows under Unassigned, and many CRC errors after a restart