Drive spin down issue - how to diag?

Brion
Go to solution Solved by Brion,

Hello everyone,

So my parity and 1 drive (disk 1) will not spin down.    I do see writes to it but can not figure out what is writing to the actual drives.   I have a pool of SSDs with cache setting ONLY for both VMs and Dockers.    I can confirm that both docker and VMs are in the SSD pools only and not on the array (Except the main folder but its empty).   So thats appata, domain, system just empty folders on Disk 1.   So I installed some plugins to help Active Streams and FileActivity.   For sure no active streams an FileActivity I am just logging disk.    But the disk logs are never disk1. 

So anyone else have advice on a better way to see what is writing to a specific disk in near real time?  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

i did end up resolving my issue.  Sadly I couldn't find any plugins that worked showing me what files were causing the spin up.  IOTOP helped once as I saw it throw a docker item.    Docker vDisk location-path uses /mnt/usr by default I forced mine to my cache array path NOT through /usr.    I also went through every docker and updated the path to use cache only.   I have dedicated SSDs for this purpose so this may not apply to everyone.      Since doing that my drives are spinning down and all writes are going to the cache.