Random Slow File Transfers (Windows to Unraid Server)

djglenn

So all is hardwired, and I have a Cache Pool drive to handle any transfers to share drives.

So for over a year I have been transferring files from my Windows 11 PC, to the server via the network and always getting speeds > 100MB/s, which makes sense given its a good GB network (GB connection, Unifi Dream Machine + Unifi Switches... everything hardwired).

However, recently there has been some days when transferring now it will give around 10MB/s, and trying different file formats doesnt change. However if I restart the server, it instanly goes back to 100MB/s...

From a process of elimination, nothing has change on the network, and the only changes on the server were removing 2 programs that fix common problems highlighted as not supported and to remove (CA Backup & Nerdpack).

I dont see how either of these would have changed anything, however curious if anyone has any ideas where I could start exploring for solutions to stop it happening.