Windows 11 VM suddenly very, very slow

I've been making some changes on my network over the last couple weeks, and now i've logged into the VM and the server is unbearably slow.  It takes several minutes to open a browser page.

I've restarted it.

I've verified the images in the setup point to the right place.

i've checked everything I can think of, and it all seems fine to me, but I'm surely missing something.

Is there some logging, or obvious next step to help me begin to diagnose the reason this has become so unbearably slow?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to begin troubleshooting this? 

Log files don't show me much, but I don't really know what to look for.

This same hardware worked fine for a very long time.  I can't think of anything I've done recently to change the setup, other than change the DNS settings of unraid to cloud9, but I have since removed this change and have unraid just using the router for DNS right now.  This didn't help.

It just feels like the processor got changed to a Pentium from 1990, everything is just really, really slow.

Im experiencing the same thing, for some reason it works "fine" if I remove the gpu and run it through VNC, but if I add the gpu and start it up it Extremely slow, unusable slow!

I've got other linux vms that run fine on both my gpu so I know it's a Windows thing..

Edited by BeardElk

I never found a solution.  I ended up just creating a new VM and installing windows from scratch.  I only used mine for a media player, so setting it up from scratch seemed like it would take less time than I was spending trying (so very unsuccessfully) to fix this issue.

I actually reinstalled windows in place over the existing version, thinking it would fix any issues, but it had no positive effect.

I hope you find a solution, but I have given up and just have a new VM now.