Motherboard Advice (Intel)

So ... umm, hi. My name is Loish and I could use some advice (I feel like I just sat down at an AA meeting).

Anyway, I haven't been a true PC enthusiast for a couple of decades now so I could use some advice on a motherboard. My main goal is stable. I don't care about all the bells and whistles, overclocking, flux capacitors, etc. All I want is a solid MB that isn't gonna panic if I fart next to it. I want to go Intel (i5-12400) as it seems to have the power I need/want at a price I can tolerate. Storage mostly but a few Docker containers, VMs (mostly lab but one perm) and Jellyfin. Cheaper is always better of course. 

Basically I'm looking for a motherboard that's been engineered by NASA but approved by the wife.

Ideas?
-Loish-

2 hours ago, Loish said:

I could use some advice on a motherboard. My main goal is stable. I don't care about all the bells and whistles, overclocking, flux capacitors, etc.

Basically I'm looking for a motherboard that's been engineered by NASA but approved by the wife.

Welcome Loish!

You can start with https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Any major brand consumer motherboard should work just fine - ASRock, Asus, Gigabyte or MSI.

Go for a cheaper and simpler one, of the non-gaming variety, preferably featuring 6-8 SATA ports for future expansions (choose a NAS friendly computer case).

That site will warn you of any incompatibility within your chosen component list.

Don't try to save on a PSU - go for the single rail, Tier A - High-End: https://cultists.network/140/psu-tier-list/

Edited by Lolight
15 hours ago, Loish said:

Since 2010, i use ASRock for unraid and all my other PC's - rock solid and (mostly) not expensive 👍

My Router (IPFire) is running on a ASRock Q1900M - since 2017 (24/7, 2075 days, 49800 Hours) and still running.

Edited by Zonediver