Some shares disappeared but are still accessible.

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I have 2 NAS's, unRAID and a Synology.

I recently rebooted my unRAID server and my Synolgy.

Afterwards I noticed the SMB shares for my Synology aren't showing up when I browse to \\unraidserver.

The shares are accessible from my computer via \\Synologynas and from the docker container where I have them mapped to /mnt/remotes/.

They also appear as mounted SMB shares in unRAID's main menu with a green dot next to them.

Everything appears to work fine except that they just don't show up in my explorer window anymore.

Nothing has changed on my unRAID server or the Synology other than I had to power them both down and back up recently, and the issue started right after that.

Edited by Squirreljester
Adjusted for readability
5 hours ago, JorgeB said:

This should have been posted in the UD support thread, go to UD settings nad make sure the SMB settings are set to public, if that doesn't help post here:

That fixed it. SMB Security was set to No but setting it to Public made the shares show up again, thanks!

Can you explain why those shares are considered "unassigned devices"? It wouldn't have even occurred to me to check there. I thought unassigned devices are devices that aren't assigned, like storage disks not yet assigned to an array.

36 minutes ago, Squirreljester said:

That fixed it. SMB Security was set to No but setting it to Public made the shares show up again, thanks!

Can you explain why those shares are considered "unassigned devices"? It wouldn't have even occurred to me to check there. I thought unassigned devices are devices that aren't assigned, like storage disks not yet assigned to an array.

Originally UD only handled locally attached devices so it’s name was just what one would expect.    Over time it’s functionality has been extended to handling shares on remote machines and making them appear as if they were local devices so in that sense they can still be considered unassigned devices. ;) 

10 hours ago, itimpi said:

Originally UD only handled locally attached devices so it’s name was just what one would expect.    Over time it’s functionality has been extended to handling shares on remote machines and making them appear as if they were local devices so in that sense they can still be considered unassigned devices. ;) 

Interesting, didn't know that. I'll have to keep that in mind for the future.