Unraid array dropped disks after disk overheat during parity rebuild.

Go to solution Solved by Btweeduizend,

This afternoon i was replacing my old 6tb Parity disks with 18tb models.

However during the addition of the second parity it seems two disks overheated and did not want to be remounted.

I remembered that in this case you needed to shut down the array and restart it in maintenance mode. 

After this you should be able to re add the overheated drives. 

However it appears i forgot the maintenance mode checkbox and now i have 2 disks that dropped from the array and i cant remount without formatting. It also appears that the data is no longer covered in the parity since the mounts have totally disappeared. 

The data is still on the disks as far as i can tell however they are no longer mounting. 

Is there any way to re integrate these disks or am i better off mounting them in a system and copying the data over to 

tower-diagnostics-20230305-2115.zip

Don't really understating what's going on here, there are two disabled disks but parity started syncing after array start:

Mar  5 18:17:49 Tower kernel: md: recovery thread: recon P ...

And according to the diags parity is valid, reboot, don't touch the array assignments and post new diags after array start.

• Like 1
  • Solution

After some  deep troubleshooting with a fellow Unraider i have found the solution in the following topic: 

@SpaceInvaderOne was the saviour on this matter. 

I needed to remove the full array config and create a new one and just add the disks back and let the parity check run again.