The Shares are all showing the Data is Unprotected

Go to solution Solved by apandey,

Hello, I've recently built my Unraid Server

-AMD 5700X

-32G of 3200 Ram (non-xmp)

-2 16TB Nas Drives

-1 250G M.2 NVme

-GeForce GT 730

I tested the ram to make sure its stable and did the self check for both the drives.
When I put one of the disks as the parity drive and the other as a normal disk, it ended up pooling both of the storage together.
Is that normal? I thought I was supposed to lose the space of the parity drive so that if one one my drives fails, I won't lose any data.

The other part is that all of the shares are displaying the message "Some of All Files are Unprotected"
How would you be able to fix this?
Thanks!

Unraid Shares.PNG

10 hours ago, Server_for_plex said:

When I put one of the disks as the parity drive and the other as a normal disk, it ended up pooling both of the storage together.
Is that normal? I thought I was supposed to lose the space of the parity drive so that if one one my drives fails, I won't lose any data.

Not quite sure what you mean by this as the main array does not 'pool' drives?

Perhaps posting a screenshot of the Main tab, or alternatively posting your system's diagnostics zip file to your next post in this thread might make things clearer as to the current state of your system.

• Solution

The shares are unprotected because they are using the cache, which is a single drive with no redundancy. Since at any given point in time, some files can be on cache, you can lose them if the cache drive fails

You can click compute on shares page to see which drives are used for each share