[Solved] UNRAID ver 6.11.5 and Plex issue.

Go to solution Solved by don256us,

I've been searching around here and other sites trying to find an answer that I understand.  My Plex server (docker) will not...  serve.  Not even locally. 

I have UNRAID ver 6.11.5

PLEX (Official) was working up until I had an unintended power disconnect on my UNRAID server.  Plex did not come back.  It would seem to be fine except that it will not communicate...  at all.  If I go to the docker and click on the web UI, I get a "failed to connect" or "Refused to connect" via Firefox and chrome respectively.  Not only can I not view my media, I can't get into any settings that the web UI may present.

I've "Removed" the docker and reinstalled.  I "Removed" the docker *and* the image file then reinstalled.  No love.

I see that the folder with all of it's settings remains in appdata even after uninstalling.  I tried to do a more complete uninstall but I am unable to find how to delete EVERYTHING Plex *or* how to force the Plex container to reinstall from scratch.

Note:  Other docker containers work perfect.  E.G.  Folding @ Home will display the web UI no problem. 

I've spent a few hours looking for better answers from different avenues of attack but nothing has be helpful to date.  I'm not good with linux so please be kind.  I'm not a computer idiot, just a linux idiot.

Edited by don256us
Better detail.

It is set to Host. 

Note too that everything else works.  I can get to all shares and my other docker is working.

I input my local IP 192.168.1.9:32400

If I input the port number for my other docker, it works perfect.  Plex worked too until just recently.  The issue is NOT connected to any updates as none were done from when it did work until now.  I did look for updates as part of my troubleshooting but none were available.

• Solution

CA Cleanup Appdata for the win.  I installed this plugin, removed Plex with image again.  Ran CA Cleanup Appdata to remove all unused containers.  It failed to remove Plex but it gave Plex as an option for a second run and...  after a short moment that felt like forever, it finished.  I reinstalled Plex and it's working.  Gotta rebuild my db but a small price to pay. 

Thank you Arbadacarba for helping.  It's appreciated.

• Like 1
  • don256us changed the title to [Solved] UNRAID ver 6.11.5 and Plex issue.