Can't backup from my Synology NAS to my Unraid server

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

Hi.

I'm (very) new to unraid so I've been spending my free time over the last 2 days to try to find a way to backup my data from my Synology NAS to my Unraid server.

I tried luckybackup but I can't get it to work. Backup works flawlessly on my QNAP NAS and my (former) openmediavault NAS Unraid is replacing.

This is the resulting command line that shows the least amount of errors: 

rsync -h --progress --stats -r -tgo -p -l -D --update --rsync-path=/usr/bin/rsync --protect-args <username>@<synologyIP>:/<VolumeX>/<mysynologyfolder>/ /mnt/user/<myunraidfolder>

But my backup doesn't start. I'm getting the following error: ERROR: module is write only rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at main.c(877) [sender=3.1.2]

Thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

OK I was able to learn that I had to mount the remote share before proceeding. I found the "Unassigned Devices" plugin, in which I was able to mount the remote share and proceed to start the copy to my unraid NAS via the GUI. BUT I still want to be able to sync my data, which I couldn't find a way to achieve.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.