Moving all files from one disk to another

BGG
Go to solution Solved by itimpi,

Hi, I have a 1tb drive that is almost full, so I bought a 4tb drive. What I want is to copy all the data from the 1tb drive and transfer it to the 4tb drive, and use the 1tb drive as a parity drive. Does anyone know how to do it without losing data or settings?

Thank you so much

20 minutes ago, itimpi said:

Is the 4TB drive an Unassigned Device?    You cannot have a parity drive that is smaller than any of the data drives.

In terms of copying data the easiest way is to install and  use the Dynamix File Manager plugin.

Oh, I didnt know that. So if I have a 4tb drive I will need another 4tb for parity drive? The disk is already asigned as disk2

12 minutes ago, elBelgg said:

Oh, I didnt know that. So if I have a 4tb drive I will need another 4tb for parity drive? The disk is already asigned as disk2

Yes if you want a parity drive.    Parity drives can be larger than the largest data drive (and if you have 2 they do not have to be the same size) or equal to the largest data drive, but they can not be smaller.

If you read the this section of the online documentation it might become clearer why this is the case.