Oh My! Game Changing

CodingButter

Hi Everyone, I'm CodingButter (Butters if you may).

I am so very late to the game but hey. Better late than never. My buddy introduced me to unraid a month or so ago and I ripped the rear view mirror off my lime green hatch back!!

I'll admit I have had a hell of a time "Correctly" configuring my system,containers,networks,shares,vms.... But I'll also admit all of it was user error thus far. I literally spent 3 days and many moneys trouble shooting what ended up being a network issue caused by a poorly made Ethernet cable (and yes it was I who FUBARed the cable). I look back at that and laugh-ish.

That being said I've been able to consolidate 2 remote servers I was paying 100 bucks a month for down to 1 powerhouse of a home server. 

Unraid and you all have covered so many bases too. With my UPS, Generator and some clever IOT devices I dont even worry about down times.

I'm still such a noob to everything unraid can do and all it lets me do.

I just wanted to poke my head into the forums. Say hello and thank the community for all the support they give eachother and hope at somepoint I'll be able to return the favor. 

• Like 1
Just now, JonathanM said:

Welcome!

Don't hesitate to speak up if you are having issues, we're generally game to troubleshoot right along with you!

Will Do. Actually Got some transcoding stuff thats buggin me. Maybe i'll see you in that thread lol. Thanks for all your help in on the forums

• Upvote 1