Plex and Unraid setup questions

I've tried searching around youtube and forums but so much of the information is old.

I just recently setup my Unraid Server and got Plex installed.  I have an HDHomeRun which works great on it for viewing live TV (way better than the HD Roku app).  I am going to try Plex Pass and use the DVR but I don't quite understand where it will save DVR recordings.  I followed an online guide and my HostPath2 is /mnt/user/apdata/Plex-Media-Server/transcode and the HostPath3 is /mnt/user/media.

I have one Cache Drive (500gb SSD) for my appdata, domains and system and then use my 30gb array for all media and data storage.  How do I set where the DVR recordings are saved?  Thanks!

Plex DVR recordings would go to your configured media location(s). If that is cache enabled the initial write is to the cache. Then mover moves to array. If not cache enabled recordings go to the array.

My hdhomerun is the 4 tuner (currently all ATSC 1.0) and I can record from all 4 at the same time to the SSD cache.

5 minutes ago, klepel said:

Plex DVR recordings would go to your configured media location(s). If that is cache enabled the initial write is to the cache. Then mover moves to array. If not cache enabled recordings go to the array.

My hdhomerun is the 4 tuner (currently all ATSC 1.0) and I can record from all 4 at the same time to the SSD cache.

Ok, so my media location is just I believe my media share.  Within that share I have three folders (movies, music and tv).  I'd like to create a new folder called dvr with all recordings going directly into that dvr folder.  Where would I set that to be the location for the recordings?  Thanks!

Correct media location is where movies, music, tv ( I have photos too ) are. Haven't heard of anyone setting up a DVR media location. There is no place I see to configure the DVR to place content in another location.

You'd probably have to Google, or ask on the Plex forums, if DVR content can go in its own media library.