Eth Nic interesting issue help

So I have a kinda weird situation that I’m hoping someone can help me with. 

my server has a pfsense vm running. I also have a 2.5g nic on mobo and a 10g nic add in card. Eth 0 is the 2.5g nic and thusly is the ip for my server is it’s ip. What I’m wanting to do is to have my 10g be eth 0. The issue happens when I try to swap them. I have to stop the array to be able to switch them and upon switching them I have to restart. The last time I did this when unraid booted up the 10g card didn’t default to a static ip and since there is no dhcp from pfsense, since it’s not running, no ip address was assigned. Which made unraid inaccessible. 

is there another way to do this where that won’t happen? Or will I just need to grab a router that can do dhcp to fix the ip address so I can make this work?

You should be able to change eth0 to be 10gbe interface in network rules and that should then follow the IP configuration set for eth0. If it's properly set for static IP, it should work.

Can you post diagnostics from after reboot when it doesn't work? You will need to use a connected monitor for local login to unraid, then run diagnostics command and pick up the zip from boot usb 

Edited by apandey
  • Like 1

So I did what you said and I can see unraid on my network but no gui, just like last time. 

and when I boot the system and go to unraid gui option via keyboard on a monitor it loads correctly then eventually all the text goes away to a black screen. It doesn’t go to the default state of showing the ip address or anything. So there’s no way for me to run diagnostics.

I can see it on my mini routers network traffic and via arp -a on windows but the web gui just will not load.

Edited by kman1898

Just to be clear

When booting, use normal option (not gui). If that works, you will end up at unraid login prompt on attached monitor. There should be IP address just before that. 

You can login at the text prompt as root user and type in diagnostics after you log in. The zip will be saved to usb boot drive

To access web ui, you will be going to http://unraid-IP from a browser on a computer on same network as unraid. I presume that is what you are trying. What do you see when you do so? Can you ping unraid IP on network?